Monday, May 12, 2014

First Ride With Andy Since Decosmos!


Well, it was only a quickie, but I finally got Andy out for a ride this weekend.  Better be careful, I know how that sounds...we're talking bikes here folks!  The ride was a great break-in ride for me, and was nothing outstanding except for a fish and a bear.   There have been a couple of guys interested in riding with us, Steve and Kyle, so next ride - whenever that is - we'll contact them and hope to get them along.  Actually, it was one of them, Kyle, that has got me thinking about trying a particular route that, for me, looks like it could be challenging, but with 3 or 4 of us, maybe we can heft the bikes up - it's a short cut to the Deadhorse Creek Gold Mine from the hydro lines...I forget the name Kyle gave the trail, but I have traversed all but the tricky looking section at the end with Andy several times.

The Coleman Conquest camera is working well, and the pic quality and vids are very clear.  However, I have it set to take snaps every two minutes (the choices are burst = 30fps, one pic every 30 secs, or one pic every 2mins), and this uses the battery up very quickly as the screen is set to power down after 2 mins of inactivity...which cannot be adjusted.  So it doesn't power down and eats the battery up in 54 frames or two hours.  The video lasts longer - 2.5 hours as it powers down the screen in two mins after starting.
The other thing is the remote control is handy, except when I tried to push it on Saturday morning on seeing my first bear of the season...no luck.  I ran a test afterwards, and wouldn't you know it - Murphey's Law - it worked...I've got the short vid below...As you can hear, the camera makes an annoying beep sound when the remote is pressed...so next time I'll know...no beep, no vid...
After missing the bear...

That's all folks...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but too many Nigerian robots are trying to sell me weird shaped vegetables from Sweden.