Saturday, November 19, 2011

New iPhone Tracker Works a Treat!


I bought an iPhone app for $3.99 yesterday: Trails.  I wasn't sure it was going to work, particularly with the iphone off, but it did. 

Here's the trail...


It does the red marker etc... I have waypoints set for every 250 metres, so, of course, it cuts some corners.  It gives me both a GPX and a KML file when I wish.  It also gives me average speed, top speed, entire distance, segment distances, duration, ascent, descent, altitude, trackpoinst, waypoints, time of start and time of finish...  Fabulous!  I have just ordered a 12v plug to iphone connector for my DR.  I am going to fabricate a bracket for the iphone over the winter and wire that sucker in: no battery issues for me!  This will be great with my TOPO maps app too...

Download the gpx file here
Download the KML file here
Paul

1 comment:

  1. Do you know if it's more precise than the Garmin Edge 305? I have the Garmin Edge and I really hate how inaccurate it is!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but too many Nigerian robots are trying to sell me weird shaped vegetables from Sweden.